55 Shuman was originally designed by world-renowned architect Helmut Jahn and built in 1986. This asset was acquired through a note purchase in 2011. The asset was 50% occupied at the time.
Given the unparalleled access and visibility from I-88, the 11.36-acre site was an ideal location to create an office product that would attract Naperville professionals. By redeveloping the building and creating an amenity rich design that included on-site fitness and conference centers, MetroWest was reenergized and 96% leased at the time of sale in 2015.
- Enhanced Landscaping
- New state-of-the-art golf putting green for building tenants
- A plaza with outdoor tables and chairs
- Cosmetic changes to the lobby, elevator cab, and common areas
- New fitness equipment, flat screen TVs and upgrades to locker rooms
- Expanded deli menu and catering for tenants and conference room use
- Year Built: 1986